17 November, 2014

The Dynamic Duo


Dusky Warbler and Franklin's Gull, that is!  :D


I went off filthily twitching, in the company of Bun and KW, and in a major upset to normal expectations, actually managed to wind up 2 for 2. I'm still a little in shock.



The Dusky was super skulky and made us wait for 2 hours before finally showing very well indeed.
'Showing very well' did not, however, mean I had much of a chance with it..

But what the hell, right? Of course, that doesn't mean my attempts at pretty pictures succeeded..


Preening Dusky Warbler.
aka Spot The Birdie!





The Franklin's came in early and 'closer than it's ever been'. Which was considerate of it. The rain even cleared off for us  :)  So, with a bird sitting put [more or less], I did a little bit better;


Franklin's Gull.
[Subadult? Moulting into w/pl]
Blashford Lakes, Hampshire



More babble will be forthcoming, fret ye not!


No comments:

Post a Comment