20 March, 2015

It's The Cheshire Cat!


Stayed put for the near-total eclipse today ['partial' didn't do it justice]. Typically, the weather had other ideas, but the power of Sun and Moon together overcame the masses of clouds and mist, so the event peeked out periodically. [It's a thermal thing; sudden drop in insolation breaks the clouds up]


Not unlike in '99, come to think of it.




It did look for all intents like a big bright grin hanging in the sky. It appeared, it vanished, the grin waned and waxed - getting to so close to totality that I was half expecting to see prominences..! - and ah, but that familiar chill. Brought it all back.

My attempts at pictures did not fare well, which is a shame as it was AMAZING!!



There's this grin in the sky...



I had been rather vexed by all the clouds, but I'm now horribly chirpy. I shall have to go inflict myself upon some birds.  :D


Speaking of...

My absence from posting was due to my determination to be able to report my first Wheatear at the Nose in my next post. This took rather longer than I expected. Ten sodding goes longer, in fact. I'm not sure I like Wheatears any more. And the male I found late yesterday was lurking on the bottom scree of the South Side - no chance of a nice piccy, either.


Oh well.




No comments:

Post a Comment