17 August, 2015

Or Is It October?!?


Ye Gods and Little Fishies, they just keep coming, don't they?


I'm not complaining!




So, instead of the weekend rundown that I had planned, it's a very brief precis;

[[Oh, stop cheering..]]


Saturday I was unable to get out until late late afternoon, due to Stuff, but the lovely Baird's Sandpiper waited for me and showed exquisitely.


I know I say it a lot but WOW.


See?
This is a phonescope shot


Look at those primaries!


Also about the Black Hole were a Wood, at least 7 Common, and 3 Green Sand*. Not bad!



Sunday morning I toddled over to Dawlish Warren for yet another go [effort 6, I think...] at Little Tern. Two of Devon's Finest were present at John's Watch and apparently so were 3 Littles, but they'd evidently heard I was coming and buggered off out to sea and into the haze and gunk...

After an hour or so of the odd possible out there somewhere, the third member of the Dawlish Three arrived and within 30 seconds had summoned a Little Tern, which then flew up and down fishing spectacularly...



At. Fragging. Last.


Plenty more to see on site, most notably a very yellow yellow wag flying over, but brevity is needed.



[[*And a whole bunch of other stuff too]]

No comments:

Post a Comment