31 December, 2016

More CatchUp Posting


So I've not been posting enough and it's the end of the year and oh dear oh dear...

To catch up briefly [stop cheering]...

Today I've been about the Patch a bit, with nothing spectacular or even really interesting to report.

Yesterday I went up to Stow on the Wold, where the Blue Rock Thrush had sneakily moved over a couple of streets, but eventually showed almost as well as the bacon sarnies. Hellish traffic kept me from my secondary stop - Chew - until near dark, [it took me longer to get there from Stow than it did to get from home to Stow....] scuppering my shot at the RND. I did see 5 GW Egrets, and possibly the yank himself - but at such range and in such light that its not even vaguely enough. Oh well, only would have been a British year tick anyway..

Thursday I was suffering the effects of a treesplant [twinged my back..] and so limited myself to a toddle about Yarner, where I didn't even get a flyover Crossbill, but it was till lovely.

Wednesday was the day of the Great Treesplantation, where my Hawthorn was pruned from its 3m glory, de-potted, re-composted and re-installed. Also re-potted was my Blue Spruce, which was far less vigorous in it's protestations, with only a few prickles inflicted [unlike the strain, cuts, jabs, and "aarrrgh you 'orrible tree, why do you need so many roots?!?" from the Hawthorn - who in this last year has learned what ouchy thorns are...  :( ]

Tuesday was going to be a meander about Bellever and madman's laughter Tor, but the ravers had other ideas, so I went over to Fernworthy, and found hordes of non-raving people and hardly any water. But there were Crossbills here and there.

Cut back to the 24th, when a peninsular sweep gave very little; just 9 GC Grebes, one BN Grebe, a few Guilles [plus at least 85 on the Ore Stone] and no visible divers [though I missed one at Hope Cove, it seems]. Nowt notable on land. 


Ok, less gabbling, more pictures. A sample of what has been;

Thrush Fans

 
Chew at dusk

 
 The Nave at Yarner


Who said Winter was dull and without colour?


Sheep appreciating the EDM rolling over from Bellever
[seriously, they love a bit of trance]


Fernworthy
Where the frick is all the water??


 
 Crossbills!


More Crossbills!



Assycombe Row



GC Grebes off Longquarry
[Identifiable! ::Gasp!::]

And finally...

A Guillemot's arse..


Happy New Year, and Goodnight!



Be Seeing You..



No comments:

Post a Comment