15 May, 2010

And Again...

All this blogging, I don't know....

;)

Went for another toddle out the back of Cockington today. Scadson's Wood was somewhere we went to a lot when I were a tacker, but I've not been there for aaaaages. Like since before young master Ray was a twinkle in the postman's eye [I'm kidding..... it was the window cleaner ;) ]. It's not a big wood, though it is a LNR, but it is absolutely gorgeous right now! The steep slopes are carpeted with Bluebells and wild Garlic, ferns and Celandines, Campion and those pretty white ones [I've mentioned the whole 'botany's not really my thing', haven't I?]. Also some Foxglove-coloured orchids of some kind. Plenty of all the birds you'd expect - with a star turn by a Willow Warbler that seemed to think it was a Dipper! Hopping about on the stones in the stream bed, building up a billfull of insects, with only the odd sally up to the lower branches of the waterside trees... Very strange, but fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment