01 June, 2010

Bits I Forgot


Garden Update!
Blackbirds and Great Tits have fledged young [on Saturday and Sunday respectively].

That's it.

[[Yeah, really worth clicking on, wasn't it? ;) ]]

Oh, and the [LONG CHAIN OF EXPLETIVES DELETED] tabby and white cat missed a Woodpig by about 4 inches this afternoon. It was on a wall, too. Where's a python when you want one?

Edit:
Wednesday. Well, I am happy to be wrong - the [small but very appreciated] House Martin colony is still present, with at least 3 about today! :D
Also, while going through the freezer, I found a large tub of Rocombe Farm ice cream [ok, about half a large tub.. ;) ] that I'd forgotten I had! Yay!
I do not feel at all sick, by the way, just very happy. And no, I haven't eaten it all in one go. Did I mention it was double chocolate? [I remember I found it reduced at a famous farm supplies store and thought "4 litres for that much!?!"]

Hmm, now all I need to deal with all this 'ot weather is a few spanish G&T's... OR I could spend the money on petrol to go birding... Decisions, decisions......

[['spanish' G&T - take a highball glass, fill with big ice cubes, add 3/4 to 7/8 of the way up or so with good strong gin {Plymouth for preference, Navy Strength if you're reallllly hardcore}, add tonic to top off [good tonic is worth paying for, btw], plus slice of lemon to taste - if you're feeling fancy, put the lemon in with the ice. NB; do not even think about driving for at least two days after trying this...]]

No comments:

Post a Comment