14 November, 2010

It's Raining - Time to Talk Nonsense...


It was only supposed to be a 'risk of showers' today, and I was thinking about going up on't Moor and playing Fieldcraft vs Fieldfares. It's been continuous rain, of the "You won't be seein' nuffin', mate" variety, so I've decided to talk bollocks online until it clears up a bit and then go looking for something. Somewhere. I suppose I must be worn out by all of yesterday's excitement, as in the past a nice bit of rain has proved an incentive to get up there - far fewer annoying people! [Oh, I'm an antisocial git..]

So, what am I gong to foist upon your poor suffering eyes this time?

Absolutely nothing, except to say go read Gavin Haig's stuff on NotQuiteScilly! Hah, you didn't see that coming, did you? :) But seriously, his points about bad behaviour at twitches [primarily in regards to being discourteous to other birders, as the bird can often just bugger off] are very valid. Read and remember, please.

Actually, I did write a whole lot of nonsense before the weather cleared, but I've decided not to foist it on you. Instead I'll let you know that after much Patch patrolling, I saw nowt fancier than Goldcrests and LTTs [again], but I did find a few very nice Hawthorns and Rowans on the estate just over there ::Points thattaway:: These will be worth checking, though doing it on workdays will be tricky due to daylight issues...

Edit: Monday. Tried the 'Get in from work, drop work stuff, pick up bins, get straight out' routine. I got 15 mins before it was very dark. Its just enough to check the berries. Today, no dice. I'll keep it up as and when weather and light allows. At work today, 2 Little Grebes and a Mute Swan flying down river plus another sighting of the Famous Buzzard [This is the one which MD photo'd for his "No, it's not a Rough-legged" article on DBWPS, btw, which is often around Totnes]

Oh, and the corrugated ice on my car this morning was a right bastard to get off. Yes, corrugated - all ridgey so your ice scraper bounces over them. I must confess I'm considering the use of chemical weapons [[ Hello to the poor bugger at GCHQ who now has to read through all my blog to make sure I'm not a terrorist because I wrote 'chemical weapons'. Oops, did it again. Sorry! ]] - well, something with lots of glycol, anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment