09 November, 2010

Work Birding??


There's been a bit of movement visible this week at work - small parties of Woodpigs heading upriver, and assorted finches and thrushes mostly heading north. Stunning vismig sightings of species such as Linnet, Redwing, and Fieldfare have pushed the Work List to the giddy heights of 59.

Wow.

I have to take a moment...

Right then.
Also of note today was the first Cormorant since the 29th of October - it flew upriver first thing and I couldn't assign it to race as once again it was past me before I noticed it... [In my defence, the fish-molesting git timed it so I was just taking a slurp of coffee as it passed.] A Peregrine stooped beyond the far ridge at lunchtime, causing a panicked group of Woodpigs to come barreling out over the river before they realised they weren't being chased... Finally, another raptor on the Berry Pomeroy road - a Buzzard munching ex-bunny on the verge.

It's all go here, I tell you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment