10 July, 2014

Another Bits And Pieces Post, I'm Afraid



And there are more delays on the line, due to all manner of things; mostly involving a lack of hours in the day and a surfeit of apathy in your blogger. Sorry about that.



Anyways, I've not done a huge amount of proper birding, with only a few evening visits to the Nose - main highlights evensong for assorted warblers - aside from a quick-ish detour to Bowling Green last Saturday. I was out getting some horribly expensive and almost certainly futile feeders for my shelf balcony. These are installed [and wired into place; between gulls, corvids, and howling gales {I wish}, feeders need all the holding up they can get] though they are as yet to be [obviously] touched. I'm not too bothered; they're there if needed, and it'll be winter when they will be, the way the weather is. But it's nice to have them there, regardless.



Bowling Green was surprisingly busy - turned out a few had come down to see the Ross' Gull. It was feeling elusive, shuttling between the Green and Goosemoor, staying at the back and picking along the waterline like a Phal when it was on show, too.


Ta-da;


Spot the Ross' Gull


Yeah, there were one or two Black'eads around as well...


Among the horde was a 1s Little Gull and an assortment of pretty Meds. The Spotshank on show was moulting out of s/pl and looked a bit manky, if I'm honest - perhaps why it stayed hiding at the back - and the single Green Sand seemed to think it was a Spoonbill, the amount of time it spent asleep!

A few Sarnies didn't stay long, but the juvie Lapwings did :)



Finally... a sneaky little quacker.


Checking the hairdo

Spent most if its time hiding right in front of the hide where nobody could see it - naturally.




Last note; yesterday evening I finally got House Sparrow on my Home List - with a juvie that almost hopped onto my feet! :D





[Ah, the joys of listing, that I'm so chuffed at seeing a Spadger...  ;) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment