03 January, 2016

Yesterday...


Dammit, always forgetting things...


I bashed the Patch a fair bit, saw some nice birds, then was mobbed on the Downs by a group of brats adorable little childyrens. They meant no harm, [[and stop laughing...]] but they just would not leave me alone. I started to feel horribly like a Buzzard. [[I said stop laughing]].

Ahem. Anyway, due to them, no roost numbers from Blackball. Did get some late afternoon numbers, and to finish the inlet survey I ran, so not a total loss.


Speaking of...

In the afternoon, I worked around from Meadfoot to Blackball, counting divers and grebes [yes, there were both!], to try to find out how many there were inshore [seeing as how the south/central parts of the Bay were covered].

One GND off Meadfoot, an RTD flew south past Sandy Cove, 12 GC Grebes and 9 GNDs in Hope Cove, nothing off Anstey's, and 4 GNDs plus a diver sp* with 2 GC Grebe off Blackball. A Razorbill and 2 Guilles [one s/pl one w/pl] also at the Nose. The 6 C Scoter were again off Blackball.


To compare with last year.. After 2 days of 2016, I'd seen 47 species.



[[*Well out, off Petitor and drifting north. It was with a GND and looked bigger. It was also brown, with a half collar the darkest part. Interesting, neh?]]

No comments:

Post a Comment