18 March, 2017

Spring Things


I got out and about today looking for a few migrating type things, and I even managed to see a few. A swing by Stover saw Mandarin and Sand Martin, plus Goosander and Pochard, but no other hirundines or stripey-headed ducks. Then a longer wander about Exminster drew many more Sandies, and some nice Greeeeen Sands, plus encounters with Bailey Sr. - we looked for an invisible Swallow, but as we'd forgotten our Invisible Swallow Seeing Filters™ for our scopes we failed ;) - and the famous JK and her Camera of Cirl-summoning.

Unfortunately, said interesting birds stayed either too distant or too fast for a decent [or even awful] photo.

But I can't spare you the horror deny you your fun, so here are some less camera-shy if also less migratory birdses;

Spot the Kingfisher


Too late, he realised why they'd said 
not to go out into open water...



One of these Goosander..


...Is not like the other.


"Wait, did I just hear his autofocus lock on?!?"


Did someone say Spring?


In other news.. I'm sure there's something, but I can't remember it right now. Never mind then, eh?




Be Seeing You..




No comments:

Post a Comment