04 December, 2017

Still Here


Just about.

A lovely attack of the plague has taken me out somewhat, but before that happened, I not only gave the Patch a long overdue - and shockingly productive - bashing, but I also took an amble about Yarner with the Folks and this Little Black Dog that always follows us around*


Still no Patch Hawfinches, much to my vexation, nor anything of that SEO here [only a yeartick, I know, but still, now I've got a 'decent' camera.. ], but the various tit bands were all checked, and.. well, wait and see.

All of the best stuff was at the Nose [what's new] though Blackcaps are well spread out, and Redwing were moving through the whole area in small groups. On the odd occasion, slow ones didn't take off fast enough

No, I said wing, not breast!
This showoff, now very good at feeder-perching

Right then;
Redwing

Not just Redwing, with a flock of 15 Fieldfare over the Nose, and also a lot of presumably migrant Blackbirds and Song Thrushes - 17 and 3 on the slopes. Not the easiest to get pictures of, but that didn't stop me;

Dark billed

"No really, I'm a Veery!"
"Yeah, right...."

Smaller and closer, but if anything even harder to get a lock on to were the-censored

Ahem.

Small active passerines.

Again, that didn't stop me;

Any 'crest is a good 'crest

"Just lean back a bit.... Got it!"


Aww

So cute

Then, there was that call. I tracked it and fired at anything moving in the right spot.. What happened?

These;

Oooh..

Looking at you, looking at me

I'm on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire

Yes! It may not be in proper focus, but you cannot deny that one, can you?


For sake of balance, here's something much 'orriblier;

Gulls on the Lead Stone

Aaaaaargh....

There were auks on the Ore Stone too - about 145 - but I'll spare you the horror.

But not all the horror, as after getting that Redwing at Tessier, I was approached by a filthy beggar

Always scrounging

"Got any sarnies?"

You know, situations like that make me think thoughts that probably ought not to be put online...   ::Sigh::


Oh come on, you all know where I stand on Grey Squirrels [there's a Blackadder the Third quote around here somewhere]. It'd be environmentally friendly foraging - same with Canada Geese!


Ahem.


Yeah, ok. I'm stopping now.

Yarner will come along with pretty pictures of things in proper focus [so fungi, then..] at some point in the near future, but right now I have to


Be Seeing You..




[[*From a distance in front, usually... ;) ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment