04 September, 2017

Today At The Nose


A notable lack of fancy things.


I gave it a good bash, vaguely responsible holidaying Patch birder that I claim to be, but got v. little.

The only deffo migrant [ahem] was the Migrant Hawker patrolling IMD! There were a few Chiffs in the bushes, which of course could be migrants, but that was it.

I took a few piccies while I was there, of this and that. Start running...

Red Admirals

Grizzled veteran
[yes, that's a hole right through..]


Ground Beetle sp.

This one's in sharp focus, just moving too fast! Gotta love a beetle.


Mushroom sp.

I thought these were an inocybe sp. at the time - which is why I photo'd but didn't touch - but looking at the blown up picture, I'm not so sure. I think the fissured cap edges may actually be weather damage..


"..So the Crow said to the Raven-"

Yes, you are beautiful.

This Raven landed pretty much next to me as I was sat above the South Side, looking for Wheatears [I didn't find any]. After realising I didn't have any sarnies, it gave a 'wok' and flew off with gratuitous aerobatics, because it could. I like Ravens.

Speaking of aerobatics;

One of two patrolling the coastline

And finally...

Stood like this for as long as I had it in sight..?!?

Juvie Herring Gull, stood still, facing the back wall of the quarry. Didn't appear sick or hurt, wasn't eating anything. Just there, facing the slope. I have no idea why. These gulls are crazy.




Be Seeing You..



No comments:

Post a Comment