08 July, 2018

Interesting Sights II : To The Nose!


Well, what else to do, with thunderbolts wandering around?


Yes, I mean then. The day when it tried to rain properly hard and everything. Still catching up with events past and all that oh dear, oh dear.

I've kept this apart from the last post due to considerations of space, and as it is a contained visit, rather than all the bits I've not put in to the other blog posts I've been putting up recently.


So, picking a gap in the water-falling-from-sky, I headed out in brave and determined manner. Naturally, the weather noticed me, laden with waterproofing and little scope, ready for another spot of rain [to do a spot of seawatching]. It thus inevitably decided to put all the clouds away and blast me with sunshine. While staying insanely humid, of course...

Knickers and Bum, muttered I.

So, I tried my best to make lemmingade while not melting into a puddle of bubbling goo...

It was actually worth the suffering, too!

,

You knew that was coming at some point...

Small Skipper

Successfully stalked at ground level!


Painted Lady

This was hyperactive, even for a big strong 'I just flew here from the Sahara, mate' butterfly. Screaming about here there and everywhere, but sheer bloody-minded persistence eventually saw me catch it taking a breather.

What's all this, then??

Looking up, it was fast and noisy up there.

Playtime!

Three Peregrines vs five Ravens, lots of yarking and screaming about from a couple of hundred feet up right down to scenery-skimming!

"Eeny meeny miney moe.."

"Chaaaaarge!"

"Next!"

It was terrible fun, though not easy to catch on camera. Probably not that much fun for the Ravens, either..!

I looked down, seeking easier targets. In a shock move, I found some.

Soldier Beetles

Common Mallow


Looking up the First Slope
I swear it gets steeper every time.


I could unleash some horrid gulls on you, but I shall show mercy.

They were all bog standard Herrings, anyway. Well, those sat down at least. There were a couple of flypasts; s/pl BHG and a 2cy Common Gull.
I don't know what's going on with these Summer Common Gulls, I suppose we can blame this on the weather too?


Right then,

Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment