29 July, 2018

At Last


Yea, though the times were dire and beset by sunshine and woe, the Faithful stayed strong and so the Goddess of Birding did smile upon them and it did rain. Rain it did indeed and sideways too, for She did send the winds also to reward those suffering souls with seawatching and it was Good.



What? You were expecting sanity from me?!?


Yes, at last, at long long long long long long last, the dreaded drought has broken and it has rained. It has winded. There has been seawatching and it has indeed been Good.


Two days in a row I've been at the Nose first thing, two days in a row I have admittedly thought 'oh but what could have been', but two days in a row I have seen some very nice birds indeed. Though not many of them.


Longer and horribler posts will follow, as I have a vast slew of pictures of lovely larids to inflict upon your screaming retinas put up for your torment entertainment.
Not just gulls, though, as while not a single shear of any flavour [and there have been flavours, oh yes] got in the way of my camera, a few other things did.

You know what this is, right?

As The Boss would say, "You've got everything you need, there."  ;) *

Just a few tasters this time, mixed days and themes because why be sensible about it;

Who says young gulls aren't beautiful?

Surf's up

Dawn

A day later

Just look at that luverly slick in the foresea** there.. :D  No, not churned up sand, that's The South West's Biggest Chumming Machine doing what it does on the best seawatching days. 'Tis just a pity the wind wasn't more westerly, but what can you do?

Something pretty to finish with

One, two, three, four, five.. Hold on a minute?!?!?


I'm sure it just came off in the wash.



Be Seeing You...

[[*I'll show some 'better' ones next time if you're going 'Whaaaaat???']]

[[**I don't need to explain that, do I?]]

No comments:

Post a Comment