23 July, 2018

Rain! Blessed Rain!... Oh, More Sun.


Which sums up the weekend nicely.


The effects of going on to Nights during this weather meant I didn't get any proper expeditions done, despite plans for at least another odonate-hunt. Oh well. On the plus side, after some happy dancing in the rain, I did at least get my Lavender re-potted at last [yes, mid-Summer, really ideal time to do it], I've also made the Skygarden birdies even happier, and I plans to go further, oh yes.


Pictures, assorted;

Water fall from sky...!

Soggy Lavender

After the rain

Possibly the finest underwings around

Wall
The upperwings aren't bad, either

Not bad camo

Well, until they do this

Ok, enough Wall fun. I did a Big Butterfly Count there, and the Walls were the definite highlight [though the Count only publicly acknowledges a Chosen Few species]. Also present were a few Marbled Whites, plus scattered Meadow Browns, Small Whites, and hordes of Gatekeepers - my figure was a lot less than the total on site, but timed counts are timed counts!

Time for some more flowers, I think;

Love that Weed

Marsh Thistle
[Perhaps a species needing re-naming?!?]

Welted Thistle
plus Ground Elder

Stone Parsley

Wild Clary

And now.. The cute ickle juvie birdies!

Stonechat

Oooh, look at those tertials;
 Goldcrests are easy
[some times]

Why do they always move their heads so quickly?

Pesky Blue Tits

Great Tit
shows them how it's done

Juvie Woodpig: "I'm a vagrant from some Atlantic island, really I am!"
Adult: "You should have just stuck with Stock Dove, kiddo"


Oh dear...

Right. Time for some torment. Yes, even worse than Woodpigeons, I can only mean gulls!!!

Mua-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa

One of these gulls is not like the others

You think those lot are an affront to the eyes? 
See what humans are up to:

Security company enforcing the law at the Nose?

Plus ca change

CCTV to stop fly tipping?

Builder's waste on IMD
[Are those your company's bags, there?]

I don't think I even need to rant in type, do I?


Hoverfly sp.

Time to buzz off.


Yes, I went there.




Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment