29 June, 2015

The Last Watch [er, again]


I know, I've used this title before...


This is the last of my catching up post series, so you might want to scroll down. Or not.



Friday and Saturday saw very little birding, aside from an evening wander to the Nose. I got rained on a bit and saw some lovely juveniles, including a family of Bullfinches.



Sunday was the closest I would get to seawatching conditions, though not super promising ones. After some umming, I set to default and went to Prawle!


6.5 hours gave 4 Puffins, a Balearic [eventually!], 458/3 Manxies, a skua sp. [dark morph, I think Pom], and a dark shearwater sp. [picked up in bins, lost in gunk before I could scope it]. 3 Med Gulls - a 2s and 2 near fully-hooded 1s [which made me double-take, I can tell you] were also noteworthy. Not spectacular, but a lot better than expected.

I might come back and flesh this out some more, but now time is against me.



Be Seeing You..

No comments:

Post a Comment