15 February, 2018

Patchy Post


Because.


Patrolling the Patch in the vain hope of a white winger or three, or indeed a YBW [which was duly found by someone else, naturally], has been the order of the days - Exe tripping aside - and it's been pretty thin fare, I can tell you.
When you bounce around the sheltered side of the coast and don't find a single grebe, let alone a diver [that'd be Sunday, there] you do start to wonder.

But it's not all doom and empty waters, oh no.


Cutting off on a tangent, I'm starting to wonder if my camera is spoiling my blog. These things are supposed to be about me sharing my deranged rambling thoughts with whatever fragment of the world is interested [or bored, I don't deny it] enough to want to read them. My posts seem to be becoming more and more streams of bad to pretty good [honesty again] photos, with the odd sentence here and there. I'm more likely to burble in an email to some poor unfortunate than on here where I should be doing it.
And yes, this IS one of the burbles I'm talking about not doing and the irony is so ferric, but what can you do? I can't worry about not talking enough without talking about it.

The things is, I take these pictures and I want to share them, but time seems to be contracting on me and so the vast tracts of text and lots of pictures posts just don't happen.



So, burble over, on to some pictures taken about the Patch in the last couple of weeks.

Gulls on the Lead Stone
Nothing fancy

TCCT maintain devastation 
at Hope's Nose
['scuse raindrop]


The council loves that flail..
[hedge is cut to thigh-high]

GC Grebes off Meadfoot
[back when they were there]

GND, ditto

There's a big bracket;
Rigidoporus omarius

Poisonpie

Now for the pretties;


Same plant, a week apart

Not all Daffydowndillies 
were put off by the weather, though!





LTT pictures improving

"Well, at least you got all of her this time.."



In other news.. My feeders remain popular with a nice range of birds, including Herr Blackcap and four flavours of tits, but I haven't caught anything tree-ish [like say a nice GSW] even in passing, let alone on camera. Hmm. Perhaps the weather is too nice for them? Would be a good reason not to see them in.

I've been a little preoccupied with other and Important Business, but that should all be taken care of now, so I'm hoping to get more fun stuff done. Especially now I am ::crosses various body parts:: pretty much fixed. Certainly raring to go!


I shall

Be Seeing You..



No comments:

Post a Comment