03 May, 2017

Busy Busy


Sleep? Who needs sleep? It was out and at 'em on Saturday, starting with the Nose.

There were three singing Whitethroats, which is better than none, I suppose, and lots of Blackcaps and Chiffchaffs. Otherwise, the way down and about was pretty quiet. Not un-scenic, though;

Whitethroat

Bluebells!

Maybe there was a reason the birds were quiet..

The way back up was a bit more interesting, as - as well as that dear thing up there - a Hobby came over on the usual cliff-skimming line, and a Lesser Whitethroat started up from the North Side [next to where the Wryneck was]. The Hobby was way too fast and the Lesser way too skulky for immortalisation, though..


After taking care of a few things, I toddled over to Yarner. Finding it not only busy but very busy and with people with no idea how to park considerately to boot*, I needed a while to find a corner to park in. But starting from Trendlebeare wasn't that bad when you find the Garden Warbler before you've even locked your car :)

Despite the hordes, the birds were about in some numbers, and while some were little buggers, a few were feeling very equitable;

One, two, three..

..Four at the back

But that's getting ahead of myself, as on Trendlebeare, there were singing birds who had not got the memo about me having a camera now...

Gotcha

Gotcha!

Tree Pipit at last! :D

Ahem.

Others were warier, with the Redstarts being typical gits. I did eventually get one, but I'm not going to inflict it on you [aren't I nice?]. Instead, we shall have some pretty green stuff, and then some things in trees. Oh yes we shall :)

Here we go;

Much greener

ItsItsItsItsItsItsItsItsItsSPRIIIIIIIIING!!
[How I hear it, anyway]

"Did you get my good side?"

"No no, not the bad side!"

There were also black and white things in the trees,

Flied Piecatcher

Neither black nor in tree, 
but never mind, eh?


Black and white, check
Tree, check

Gloating Backward Birder, CHECK!

Yes, oh yes... Oh yes oh yes.

:D

It came to me, too, as I was innocently having my lunch at a favourite spot. Lots of drumming, a session of peek-a-boo, then deciding it was ok to come out and ZAP. I'm still delighted.



After all my fun, I then got to go and look at some archaeology - which I hadn't had a clue was even going on, I must admit - after meeting a nice chap in the car park. He'd asked if I was going to the dig.. "What dig?" asks I, and he told me. So, after lunch I toddled down down down the hill and had a look. Very interesting it was too, but it shall have to wait for another post. [Yes, a post about rocks and soil. Oh dearie dearie me...]

Until then, I shall

Be Seeing You..



[[*I think it may be an idea for the Rangers to mark out spaces, as far too many people can't - or perhaps can't be bothered to - think for themselves..]]

No comments:

Post a Comment