02 May, 2017

Summer Is A Cumen In



Though alas the Cuckoo is not loudly singing right now, as he's been stunned by the .5cm hail...


Apologies for the lack of recent postage, it is not due to lack of postable matter but more due to a lack of inspiration. For I will not make this a simple reportage of what has [or hasn't] been seen, oh no.


So I find myself trying to decide, now that my muse has got back from wherever, whether to pull one big multi-day multi-subject Thang, or to post lots of smaller ones in [hopefully] quick succession...



::Cue Light Thinking Music::




Sod it, bits it is.


[The time may be a factor here, coupled with desire to get something out..]

Ok, local news;

SWIFT is back!

Note the lack of a plural, there. A lone Swift showed up on Wednesday* - that's the frickin' 26th!! - and has been about on and off [so probably all the time and I just haven't been looking the right way] ever since. No sign of the main force yet, but it's any day now.


Right, rather than give any day accounts, I'll instead let you know what you're in for:

I've been busy; On Saturday I hit the Nose first thing [and when you get in from your last night shift before dawn, that is First Thing.. Ohhhh], then got some stuff done while I waited for the sun to get going, then went over to Yarner for Wood Warblers and so on. I found it VERY busy. Not just with people, either. I also found a surprise bit of archaeology - a Dig Open Day! Woo! [Yes, there will be pictures of trenches. Ie. mud and rocks... Oh yes indeed..... :D]
Sunday saw the payback for all my fun with no sleep the day before, but I was eventually able to stop my head from trying to kill me and get over to the Nose. I may have missed most of the action, but not all, oh no. :)
Monday saw me again over to the Nose later than desired - the whole night shift routine is a bit of a pain - but ah, there was some good stuff to be had. Also the aforementioned half centimetre hail stones!

Time for a wee tastie;

Singing Away..

Singing Away!

Bobbing About

And You Thought A Two-headed Shark was Scary...


Teaser


And with that, I shall leave you. Get ready to assume crash positions, though, because They are coming.. >:)


Be Seeing You..



[[*For new readers ::cough:: I only consider Swifts present in the evening to be in any way resident. Unless they're actually going into nests, of course!]]

No comments:

Post a Comment