19 September, 2020

All The Other Bits. Pt. 2; I hate the national trust


Away from the Patch...

Weather and Circumstance kept me from cornish headlands on my little time off work, but I still got out a bit.

Not as much as I wanted, because the NT blow goats*.

[[Oh yes, this post will contain language unbecoming and so on...]]

Wait.. what?!?


Well, I am now unable to visit the Bolt, that's why. You see, the dear sweet wonderful national trust have decided that a previously free set of car parks must now be paid for. Annoying, as they have zero facilities and effectively no running costs [unlike the charging car parks on Dartmoor, which are all ones with loos, and often visitor centres, too. And they also charge less, though that's by the by.]. But there you go..? Sign of the times.?


But no, as you have to pay by phone. Well, if you have a smartphone [and can get a signal] then fine, but those of us who don't? Bolberry - 2 miles from where I wanted to be, but hey - had a ticket machine, unlike Soar, but oh dear it wasn't working. 'Hey' said the sign 'pay by phone!'.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

At least nobody refound the PG Tips. It would have been blood.


Ahem.


Right, vented that.


Coming up, the 'real' blog post. Including where I went that ohsohappy day whilst veritably glowing with vexation...


Be Seeing You...


[[*Yes, I went Wayne's World.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment