21 November, 2022

The Grind. Pt.3, Keeping At It


This could easily have been called 'Getting Rained On Again', but I went the other way.



Well, my head struck again this weekend, but either side of that I gave it what I could around having Important Things to take care of.

Oh yes, getting to That time of year again...







Anyways, one good point was my happening to be vaguely in the area of Exminster on Friday early afternoon, and in need of somewhere to have a quick bite to eat. I may have happened to stick my scope in my car...

Looking all scenic


I limited myself to going through the horde of quacky things in the vain hope of a Green-wing or AmWig  whilst munching a flapjack [and fending off a ravening Robin, whom I had to bribe with a large chunk of my lunch to not chin me....]

The rarest waterfowl I found?

Yup;

Egyptian Geese....

A few Lapwing

Apply a little zoom


The Barnacle Goose [yes THAT one] was about, but not in my field of view and as I was Being Good [and on a deadline...] I didn't go after it. [Seen him, he can BLEEP off...  Ahem.]

I did get a couple of lovely noisy flyovers - total surprise - but the Rule applies, so unless I've told you in person, you'll just have to wonder :P




Earlier that day, I found the Nose full of the unTrustworthy finally doing some more stuff, though that included taking a Big Strimmer to the Top Dell entrance... No chance for any migrants for this little black duck, then. Cheers.
To anyone visiting, the Lost Bench is back in view for the first time since they themselves covered it in brambles to try to seal said Dell up. [Logic? Sense? Fah, they scoff at such things]



Back at the Nose again on Sunday and I found a single whole and entire female Blackcap in said Dell, but nothing else.
Elsewhere, the Dynamic Duo of Blackstarts were still on South Beach, at least 11 Oyks on the Lead Stone. It also rained on me rather hard, but that's what happens when you go out. Bit of a surprise seeing as how it was Just So Sunny when I set out, see?


Thatcher Rock in a westerly



I got back out to Blackball for dusk, and [after a bit of a wait where I was wondering if it was really going to be worth it...] counted 1000+ large gulls, 13 Kittiwake, 1 Razorbill, and 3 GC Grebes [first of the winter] on a very flat sea.

There are birds out there...


Finally, heading back from the Nose, I looked up and was only just in time with the camera when I heard this flyover;

Spot the C-130J


There will be More  [oh yes... Heh heh heh]

But until then, I shall [as hopefully ever]



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment