10 June, 2016

Stop Gap


A short post about not much, really.


It's late and muggy and I've been busy [you'll find out in a minute] and those owls are being blimmin' noisy...


So.

Do you have gardening woes? You'd think I wouldn't have enough garden to get woes, what with it being so teeny, but woes I have.

Lots of them and their names are all the same; 'weevil'!

My poor little Bay is beset, and so I am doing my best to let it grow some leaves without having to resort to chemical warfare...

So far my nocturnal sorties have, er, 'removed' 14 of the blighters - the birds are grateful, judging by the alacrity with which the fallen are removed - and I'm wondering how many more nights will involve picking up a rather heavy planter and shaking it like the devil!


But anyways.. Speaking of, my lovely Hawthorn is once again in its 'grow like anything' phase and has eclipsed the poor Berberus next to it. Living Yule Tree number 2 has exceeded expectations and is not only still alive but shooting very well :) [Evidently this one really was 'pot grown' and not 'hacked out of the ground with an inch of root'..]

The birds continue to eat faster than in winter, with even the peanuts now going down apace. That's largely due to an enterprising Magpie, who has learned to balance well and peck even more carefully! [Hey, every visit is one less nest raid] - said corvid is even capable of perching in my tiny Blue Spruce to get the worms I put there in the vain hope the tits would be the only ones to get them....

Nuthatches are still regular and they and the Great Tits have not objected to my adulterating the RSPB's finest with extra fruity suet to cut the wastage.
The Greenfinches are a fixture - though Goldfinches much less so for some reason - as are a motley range of assorted pigs. These latter I blame for the suffering of my green bird bath [which still seems as near dead as it looked in winter.. I am worried].


And now for something completely different;

On my last Patch perambulation, I noticed human activity has left some interesting marks...

Worrying...?


What the.....


...hell?!!???


Those railings are painted square tubular steel - rounded edges - so what the frilly knickers whoever put all the tape and repeated signs up was thinking [unless it's some sort of 'art' BS] I do not know.  

 


Be Seeing You..

No comments:

Post a Comment