11 August, 2018

Today's Birding.. Wait, WHAAAT?!?


(Second attempt after google threw a hissyfit and erased the first one..)


Yes, in a sudden shift of policy, you see me posting on today. Yes, this actual day here.

I know, I'm in shock, too.


So, after last week's fun, I decided to try it again, and - after taking care of some stuff - I rolled up to Bowling Green to see what was about.

Not long before 0900, this little thing stuck its head up;

Oh look, it's a Cattle Egret

At 0901 it flew off towards Dart's Farm - showing the leaden legs of a juvenile - and it seems the rest is both history and much better photographs.

Also about the Green;

What's that?

It's by that Heron..

Ohh of course, it's a Spoonbill!

Ahem.

A few other birds present

At least for a while..

"I like Little Stints; they're delicious!"
Psycho the LBB

Contemplating eternity

Green Sandpiper 
Striking the pose.

Some small waders hid from Psycho
close to the hide

Others used handy mobile shelters!

Unfortunately, this particular Green Sand 
didn't get the Field Guide memo..

Redshanks

The weather was drizzly with the odd bout of rain, and I felt slightly odd being up there and not glued to the Nose, but what can you do? I'd have just lost the day for.. Oh look, an adult LTS. Hmm.

No, no, I had things to do that could not wait [having been forgotten rescheduled twice already..], and look, nice pictures! Plus I ran into the Usual Suspects again, which is always a treat [even diminished in number].

I have more assorted pictures with semi-reflective water and so on, and I fear you will be subjected to another bout of grainy [blame the light!] photos soon.. Yikes.


Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment