29 August, 2018

Weekend Post Pt.1; All This Sunshine, It's Not Right


Another Bank Holiday Weekend dawned to more sunshine.

The Apocalypse must be Nigh.



Anyways, I had things to do, but Birders never sleep, so to speak, so I happened to do some Patch bashing at the same time.

I didn't find anything spectacular, apart from a nice Migrant Hawker - far too fast to catch on record, of course - but never mind, if you don't bash, you don't find that gigantic flock of Cattle Egrets [ok, I somehow doubt I'm going to find one of those, but you never know what's up in the Hinterlands...] [[Yes, I ought to get up there more.]]

Anyways;

Yet more Ivy Broomrape..

Time for some serious metaaaaaaaaal!

Silver Birch and Copper Beech
:D

Great to see

White-tailed Bumblebee

Frosty.
Its always a Herring Gull!

There had to be a gull. It's the law. Really.

Time for some fun.

Oooh, what's that??

Itsa Buzzard!

Ooh, what's that?

Itsanother Buzzard!

Classic juvenile silhouette there, with even length feathers showing pointed tips, and no moult visible*. Compare with the adult from the weekend before;

Adult.
Note moult centres and rounded feather tips


Combed clouds


See, something purdy to finish on.  :)


Be Seeing You...

[[*The fact that they were whistling pathetically, 'Feed me feed me!', prevented even the vaguest of hopes; I heard both long before they hove into view.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment