01 September, 2018

Patch Bashing Again


Patch patrol first thing this morning naturally centred about the Nose, though there wasn't an awful lot doing.

With a bevy of assorted anglers present, I didn't hold huge hopes, but you never knew [he keeps hoping]. Indeed, I managed to find a decent migrant [for here]; a Redstart! Unfortunately an arriving angler's Border Collie was a lot faster than me* and bye bye Redstart. Being in an unusually good mood, I was able to merely sigh in resignation.
Otherwise, the bushes contained Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps, the odd House Martin meandered over early days, and well...

I did find a grounded migrant that I could photo, and here it is;

Painted Lady

The sea was pretty quiet, too, with a few Gannets and a trickle of BHGs passing

Block 'eads

Also the odd Fulmar [moulting adults and fresh juveniles], whizzing about the place,

Odd Fulmar

Very odd

Oh dear...

An aside:
Getting back, I saw how well the Artist had done across the Bay, with all manner of things flying past, and I went 'Hmm'. Then I reviewed my pictures and realised how he had managed to see all those lovely shears and skuas;

Voice From Above:
"Over here, Mike"

;)

Somewhat more seriously, I suspect most if not all of them had been lurking / foraging in the Bay, moving on when all the nasty humans started waking up!


Now, you may be wondering if various horrible Herring Gulls are imminently to be inflicted upon your poor suffering retinas.

Not a Herring Gull[!]

That'll be a nope, then.

Not a Hornet

But very pretty, nonetheless

I mentioned the assorted anglers [with now well-hidden tents - yes, still camping] earlier. They were having an interesting time of it, as at least one of the more or less resident Grey Seals have clearly seen Jaws and got themselves some ideas.. I saw one chap pulling in a couple of Mackerel get a surprise as a seal shot up from the depths and only narrowly missed grabbing one!

Derrrrr-dum

The Peanut Gallery,
enjoying the show

 [There had to be some sort of gull..]


And finally;

Missing: CCTV
[Someone stole the camera?!?]


There were assorted horrid gull photos taken, by the way, [inevitably] but I'm saving them for 'The Gulls Of Hope's Nose II'...
[Be afraid, be very afraid]



Be Seeing You...

[[*No, I did not flush it myself. I know because I didn't even get to lay a finger on my camera..!]]

No comments:

Post a Comment