11 September, 2018

Wombling


A truly horrific [even by my deranged standards] version of the Wombles Song is bouncing about my head, thinking back to the day in question. I was up on t'Moor; which is always a Wombling Experience - what with all the picking up other peoples' litter I end up doing - and well, it just popped up, giggling.

I'll be merciful and spare you more than the strong probability that the proper Wombles Song is now dancing in your head [hey, it could be worse] and get on with it.


The Sun shone [mostly] the wind blew, it was good underfoot.. Ah, glorious!

Let me show my route in pictures;

One of the smaller crosses on the Moor
[It's carved on the standing stone!]

View from Fox Tor

Going thattaway
Black Lane marker

Off the beaten track

Well off it!
Grant's Pot

Broad Rock

Sunshine at Eylesbarrow

Unlike the technical issues last year, this time it was my own forgetfulness that prevented me snapping Duck's Pool. [Yes, even though it's a rock in a bog..]

Time for some birdies.

Mipit against soil

Mipit against grass

Mipit against Kestrel!

"I ain't afraid of no falcons!"

Yes, yes, lots of Mipits

Couple of Wheatears, too

Some striking poses

Showing plumage variation

"How's this?"

"Your poses are weak. This is how you do it."

More variation

The 17th Wheatear!

Nice silhouette;
Kestrel

Another Kestrel
Looking quite different


It wasn't all eyes up, however, with a few fungi on display;

The ever-sneaky Deceiver

I think this is
Blushing Waxcap


Goblet Waxcap

Rather battered,
an Agaricus sp.?

Field Mushroom

Flowering grass or moss or something
[not in my Harrap]

Phew, that's a lot of pictures.
Yes, I may have gone a little OTT with the Mipits and Wheatears, but I am unrepentant. There are a lot of Mipits about - as is usual most Autumns, the Moor is good for them - and Wheatears, especially 17 in one day, deserve celebrating. I have many more pictures I haven't inflicted used, some even not bad, so count thy blessings.

;)


Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment