25 February, 2019

What A Difference A Year Makes


Late February 2018 saw blasting easterlies and actual proper people-skiing-in-the-streets levels of snow.

Like this, remember?

Blackcap vs Mealworm

"Dude, I appreciate the dry perch,
but how about a heater?"


Late February 2019 has hit 20° in Wales and 18° here...


As is traditional when the weather suddenly remembers the whole 'Summer' thing, my flat has come alive with the patter of tiny feets. Yesterday I went around my windows, ceilings, and lights, and counted 39 Ladybirds and 2 Conifer Seed Bugs. These just being the ones in sight - who knows how many more were lurking in the hidden bits?

Inevitably, a few photos have been taken.

Luminous Harlequin

"Oi, human, clean your window frame!"






Soggy one on my 
window scraper

If you've got Ladybirds,
might as well put them to use*


Western Conifer Seed Bug.
Helping with the recycling


Spotless?


Ok, that's enough, I think.

Let's have something else to finish.

Lone Blue Tit
[Regular visitor]


My head has annoyingly got in the way of having half as much fun as I wanted to, but I did manage to get out on Saturday, and so a post with pictures of things outside the Patch will be coming. Also, lots of flowers and assorted prettiness from inside the Patch.


Be Seeing You...

[[*My poor Blue Spruce, still going brown as the aphid infestation it caught in December continues to plague it... :( ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment