27 February, 2020

Blackball. Er.. Wait. Where...?!?!?


It has been a little while.


I would normally make more visits to the Blackball roost of a winter, but the weather's been what it's been and when I have been it's been, well awful. Yes, always gulls, but often nothing else. [Shags and so forth don't count. {Sorry, but you don't}]


But on Sunday I gave it another go and was shocked to find some birds. What was less shocking was my autofocus throwing the toys out...

Behold all I was allowed;

Calmest the sea's been for a while

There were actual birds! Not just gulls, either. 103 GC Grebes is the highest count I've had there this winter, easily. Also 7 GND and 3 RTD, plus 3 scoter spp., which didn't have pale cheeks but I could get nothing else on them.. 730+ large gulls at 1745.
A couple of Guillemots and the usual Shags made up the numbers, with only a scattering of BHGs and Common Gulls. No Kittiwakes.

Lookit, blobs!

One of the GC Grebe rafts. No, really. 
Look hard...


Much better than expected.
:)

[And this post much shorter than you expected!]


Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment