26 February, 2020

Going On A Duck Hunt.


Being at least halfway serious about this yearlist thing, I frequently find myself going 'What can I get in this weather???". This quite a lot this year, must be said.

So, I saw repeated orange squares on a certain bird news map telling of 'possible Lesser Scaup' with at least a little interest. When it's too 'orrid for most other things, why not? Worth a go, never know what you might find, could be a certain now adult female???

So I gave it a go.


Ah, Slapton Ley....

Featuring dots ducks

Hmm, what is about then...?

Dufted Tucks

Scattered about the Ley in hard to be accurate numbers. Also a Pochard and at least 11 Goldeneye. Here's the closest one;

Yeah, bit worse than at Roadford...

Little Grebes 2, autofocus 0

Sudden yet inevitable gull

Only really visible in the air due to the chop. Couple of LBBs the best of them; not even a Med..

Blooming Alexander

Lesser Celandine

At least plants sort of sit still [the wind didn't help].

Let's see if there's anything LS-like about, shall we?

Well, not that much of a dark bill tip

Quite a mottled back


Still just Tufties.

Yup, no dice.


The Starlings put on a good show, though!


Worth a try, and always nice to be down there. Though that blimmin' 'hide' is still a cold windy far-too-open-to-the-birds-you're-supposed-to-be-hidden-from thing...
Ahem.

It's better than nothing, I suppose [but I still miss the old shoebox...]


And on that chirpy note, I shall

Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment