26 June, 2020

Death From Above



Yes, I'm gloating.


Ok, I'm not really properly gloating.. More like very happy and keen to share what I have.

[Which would be a lot more if my BLEEEEPing camera had behaved properly...]

So I was out and about on a far too hot and sunny day, in a place I shall not name somewhere in Devon, when my trained instincts to look up [mundanes don't] paid off with a 'soaring raptor, oh it's low o-that'snotaBuzzard!!!'

And so;

Yeeeeeeeeeeeha!!!

That, for those of you unsure, is an adult male Goshawk. Yes, I said the G word.

Male as I had a size comparison with a Buzzard [which thought better of any interaction, unsurprisingly].

He's loooking down and to the side, which is why his head looks small for a Gos, but look at that white supercilium standing out on a black hood... Also note rounded tail feathers and [moult-assisted] secondary bulge, plus the heaviness of the body.

Earlier shot

Later shot

The rest.. horribly out
[but a nice shape shot]



Wooooooooo.

:D


More detailed posts of adventures will be hopefully forthcoming, gaggle permitting.



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment