09 February, 2023

Getting Out There. Pt.2, That Patch Thing


You may be shocked to learn that there's zog all new to report about the Patch this post.








No, wait, not quite.



I went here the day after That Crow, primarily in a quest for birds of a diving under the sea type nature...

The view from Withy Point


Babbacombe Bay, rather calm, bit late in the day.


I got going as soon as I could, what can you do?

[Try new pills, work in progress...]

The Boss beat me to it [well, he is The Boss] and saw 73 GCGs plus a couple of GND and assorted other goodies. I got to 63 GCGs, plus a Razorbill. 7 Common Scoter flew in from the south to roost off the Teign [I said I was there a bit late..] and by the time I left there were 119 Kittiwakes in a scattering of rafts, and at least 10 of these beauties scattered in small groups,

Fulmars!


An earlier [as in 'in January'.!] visit to the Nose got nothing super fancy, with 1 GND and a couple of Harbour Porps the best of it, but I did see this fellow on the way home;

Kestrel



[[All claws are black at night... ;) ]]


Also of Patch interest, I think only my third record of Treecreeper from Home; again from my Kitchen window! :D
That was Monday morning, before a visit west of Tamar [where there were 4 Buzzards on the way out and none on the way back, and despite taking the scenic route, not a sniff of anything fancier. I suspect I'd used up all my quota of goodies the day before.*] A little chill in the air does seem necessary to bring the wonderful little trilling darlings closer from their usual slightly inaccessible closest haunts, and it's been a wee bit frosty, even here.



Anyways, more to come.


Be Seeing You...






[[* Ah yes, but that is another post... :) ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment