11 April, 2023

I Was Not Eating Eggs [All Weekend]. Pt.1, Not Just Twitchin'


After suffering grippus maximus over a certain awfully-timed tern [::Mutter mutter mutter::], I got myself out to finally have a quick look at the Lower Otter Scheme.

The slight issue of a Lesserlegs was a mere co-incidence, naturally...

o;)


You know, this little thing;

Getting spangly

All the legs.

And that darling little upturned bill...

::Sigh::


Ahem.

Sadly, the local council's moneygrubbing evil class warfare extortion summer parking charges meant I couldn't do more than have a quick look up as far as White Bridge. Very promising indeed, and despite losing a lot of reedbed, my first Reed Warbler of the year was chuntering away in one of the remainders. Ok, the 'screens' are awful, but I still haven't managed hunt down the 'architect' who's designing these monstrous shams of birding building...
 
 
At said Bridge I met an interested civilian, got chatting about waders ;) and lost track of time.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgghhhhh.............

So I can still can hoof it with a scope [not that old yet] and have as a side effect finally found out how to get the local Hound Releasers to actually make way... ramming speed! :D 
 
I made it [just] and after taking advantage of my car's defibrillator [hybrids are wonderful] I made my way to somewhere where those who aren't millionaires are actually welcome.


Where?

Well, thing is, there's this Unspoken Rule [Typed Rule, not spoken] about Scedule 1 Species and their potential breeding sites.

Sch1??

Oh yes,

On a heath 
'somewhere in Devon'

"Stuff this, I'm getting 
out of the wind!"


Those took a couple of very windy hours to get, with bird, once found, showing for a few seconds at a time. I got one sequence on him, behold the sharpest.

Despite it looking like a Fail [Dartfords are verrrry tricksy, sometimes easy, sometimes invisible... Even without unforecast gales], it was rather fun. Ok, the Tick Attack not so much, but the little BLEEPs happen.




I'm sure there's more, but I want to get a post out and well, I can always edit it, right?


[[Rhetorical. My posts get edited more than you may credit.     Got you thinking, hasn't it. :) ]]






Anyways,


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment