16 April, 2023

I Was Not Eating Eggs [All Weekend]. Pt.3, I Had To Do It.


Monday.

Wind [forecast] rain - big boss squally showers, even.

You know what I had to do and where I did it...


Lookit!!!


Itsa Wheatear inna tree!!!

First landing in/off, too.  :)

The same story with this one, though landed a little lower down [and further off]

"Wait... You're seawatching?!?!?"

Earlier, on my way down I encountered a First [or third, depending on how you look at it] at LookOut,

Got it!


Wheatears in the sunshine aside, I had been intending [being the poor trusting fool that I am and actually half-believing the weather lies forecast] to do some seawatching.

And I did.


Because it was rather windy, those showers were supposed to arrive, and I'd lugged both Big Scope and rations down to Glonk Corner.

I even gave it 4 hours [shock]

But what did he see?

[Aside from Zog All, A Herring Gull, and this,

Itsa yatchit
]


All S [or S/N] unless stated;

Manxie  8
Shearwater spp.  2
Gannet  32/14
Kittiwake  1
Fulmar  7/4
Common Gull  1
Razorbill  6*
Guillemot  6*
Auk sp. [prob. Puffin]  2
R-B Merganser N  1
Grey Plover N  4
Sarnie  4

Wheatear in/off 2
Swallow in/off 4

[* Only birds passing far anough offshore to be definitely not associated with local colony counted]
 
Those Greys were in full sum/plum. btw; black head and body, grey angled pointy wings, whiter rumps, going like the clappers low to the sea in the spray and heat haze, and the same size as a small tern.....
VERY early for Black Tern, of course, but oh they had me going for a bit.


Also of note,

Mallards!

Actually stayed put for a photo!

Unlike a Hummingbird Hawkmoth, which hummed [they really sound like hummingbirds!] right past my ear, then refused to stay even slightly put for a picture, the tiny fiend...


Much better behaviour from Blackthorn, Gorse, and Pear;

Bloomin' lovely
:D


Ah, to be seawatching again.


Oh, for me to get to do it with decent weather!



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment