16 May, 2023

Putting The Miles In


The older you get, the harder it is to recover what you've lost.

This is among the things I would have been thinking, if I'd been capable of rational thought as I toiled my way up Yes Tor [and only the second hardest way, dearie me...]



View south from
Yes Tor

See? I made it.  [Just...]
 
Bit of a view
[Note Red-a-ven getting
serious in foreground]
 
 
Some wildlife;

High altitude Wheatear

"Check out my tail"

Lower down, so to speak;

Beetle sp
[I can't find it]
Red-a-ven, nr Yes Tor

Bronze Ground Beetle
nr High Wilhays

That pic almost does that utter beauty justice. I love Big Boss Beetles :D


More bird required?

Wheatears sometimes
come quite close.

If you stay put discretely, anyway.





And more scenery,
 
From Fordsland's Ledge;
West Okement valley,
Black Tor, Amicombe Hill and the Loaf,
Sourton Tor [oh, and some other moor]

Looking the other way; Lints Tor, Fur Tor, 
Great Kneeset, Cut Hill


Also,

Violets everywhere!

Black lamb with white ears!

Skylark!

Where there were Skylarks, they were everywhere; you had to raise your voice to be heard over them when passing the time with mundanes up on The Wilhay..! Wheatears in good numbers, Mipits in their areas, oh dearie me. With the Teeming Hordes not long gone, I did wonder a bit, but vast trodden highways aside, I suppose what stays around is used to them.


Oh yes, and I ought to mention something else.

As you may recall..

Wow!!

Somewhere up there.
[What??  It's May; 'Dartmoor' is pushing it]

Eventually, I tore myself away;

The weather gives
a subtle hint...


Got over the ten mile mark, which was nice, climbed proper scenery and crossed proper [ish] water, too. But oh the birds.....  :D


Some days She smiles upon you.




Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment