21 February, 2024

Blarg...


WARNING WARNING

BIOHAZARD ALERT


LEVEL 3 PATHOGEN DETECTED



PROCEED ONLY WITH FULL BL:3 PPE










As you may have guessed from my oh-so-subtle intro, I have been struck down by the plague. I'm a week in and still coffin like Henry, so thus the lack of update. [As opposed to my usual simple lack of getting it together].


I have got myself out birding, but only a gentle amble about Yarner on Monday afternoon with the Folks [who fear no lurgy] and Canis horribilis salivatus [whose slobber could probably defeat anything up to BL4 all by itself...]. Prior to that I was utterly wasted, staggering outside only when unavoidable.

So still not seen a Ringo. [Or that verdammt Little Gull...]


Ahem.


It was rather nice [when not coffin], and the latest set of cherry flapjacks were deemed a success.


Also, in a shock break, a Marshie actually sat and posed;

Marsh Tit

See that lovely pale spot at the base of the upper mandible? You see that, it's a Marsh Tit [angle, light, moult, the bird's posture, can make all sorts of other things look diffeent]


Also,

Honeysuckle

Whirligig Beetles

Frogspaw-
Tadpoles!

Moss!

Rushing waters

Leat


Winter light


It was lovely and quiet, with noise only from birds [a Treecreeper sang. It was wonderful]



And finally, I did get a Yeartick, with a couple of Collared Doves seen in passing in Newton  :)

[145]



I hope that I'll be at least slightly effective next weekend, but, well, the plague does as it will...



Be Seeing You...

[From a safe distance]



No comments:

Post a Comment