02 July, 2020

Flaming June. Part 1; At Heart [and weird on top]


With heat building, I had to scramble to get my Number One Priority completed;

Wild Tor!!

Yes, at last I could get back up on t'Moor and go to my favourite tor. I defied blazing Sun and frisky wind and was in turn defied by about 9 tons of beef, but well, like the photo says....

:D


Wild Tor!

Despite it being a weekday in theoretical term time, I had a whole 20 mins of glorious isolation before hordes converged from all points of the compass, including one chap who wanted to chat.. Chat.... ::shudders::

[[What? Don't you know me by now?]]

[[And yes, I was the model of friendly helpfulness, thank you very much.]]



But let us wind back a bit...

Behold, a photo walk across t'Moor. With only the odd distraction for interesting lifeforms.. :)

First glimpse of Wild Tor!

On the way

Egghead Mottlegill
First fungus of the Autumn..!

White Moor Circle..
..and some of said beef!

They were there to stay, so I bid them happy steakness [what?] and left them to it.
O:)

Lizard!

Wheatear!!

One of the Hound Tors

Wild Tor!

Another Wheatear!

Lunch with a view;
The Wilhay to Steeperton Tor


Hangingstone Hill

Everyone and their mad runners having decided to go to Wild Tor, I curtailed lunch and extended my walk a bit..
The view from up there is very impressive but not so photoable. I do have a panorama mode on my camera, but it doesn't translate to blagger so well. Wander up and see it for yourself. [It's worth the climb. Honest]. Onward;

Spot the peat pass...!

"I'm not Edible!"
Common Frog

The path's obvious
[when you're on it...]

Cottongrass

Watern Tor

Looking through the Thurlestone

Adorable

Awwww

Ahem.

Looking off the edge

Castle Drogo.
Now freed from the world's largest tent

Redstart!!

:D

Great end to a great day.



Be Seeing You...


[["This whole world's wild at heart and weird on top", naturally.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment