05 July, 2020

Flaming June. Part 2; Thirty Degrees......


'Get there early'*


Usually sage advice. I got there early on a very hot day [you'd never have guessed, would you?] and tried my best to find and even photo butterflies beginning with 'White'.

I pretty much lost.

I did get the usual posing Demoiselles, though;

Beautiful Demoiselle

Well-named


What else did I find? Well, two White Admirals which were very active and not stopping, and no WLH at all. I was truly shocked, I can tell you.

7+ SW Frits [and a single DG] also about and one, just one, stopped very briefly;

Silver-washed Fritillary

Not bad.

Comma

Not great.

Common Cow-wheat

Always kills me that there's so much of this around but not one Heath Frit...

Lovely scenery


As the temperature in this sheltered spot hit 30°, I hit the road...
[It thought about melting]



Be Seeing You...

[[*Unlike my posting, which is usually verrrry late...]]

No comments:

Post a Comment