01 April, 2018

Looking For Migrants - On Patch


Has been something of a mixed affair, unfortunately.

The feasts of Warblers Willow that have blessed for example the Backwater, have passed the Patch by completely.. :(

Yup, still not a one this year. Drat.


Still, after getting a Wheatear fly over me during Snow II - the Snowvenge, this week I managed to find one willing to sit on the ground for me;

Harbinger of Sunshine?

"I make no promises!"

There have been a few migrant type Chiffchaffs, giving that little call and so on, but proper serious passerine passages have eluded me. [Work doesn't help, of course]

Today I was out when the rain arrived, so naturally I found a little shelter and looked at the sea for half an hour. Woo! Manxies! Only five, but they're the first of the year for me :D
Also at least 9 Sarnies, and one of them was incautious enough for me to catch on record;

Typically combining travel and foraging

Migrants aside, about the Patch were the odd thing deemed worthy of putting up





One of the Mallards of Hope's Nose

They never cease to amuse - four present on this occasion.

"Why am I putting up with this?
Nosey birders are better than nasty crows.."


I've seen worse in the Tate


Looking out over the blasted heath

Finally, the inevitable feeder shots..
















And finally... A mystery for you. Despite going through the big white Mushroom book, I have been unable to identify these little white cuppy bracket things, on Gorse at the Nose.


Fungal sp.



Coming up, my attempt at finding migrants off Patch. Yes, I actually went off away again. Shock horror and other comments.



Be Seeing You..



No comments:

Post a Comment