24 December, 2019

Footwear Erosion


I've many a times past on this blog spoken of bashing the Patch. This is done with the soles of the feets, as I'm old skool and believe your local patch should be just that.


Living within a [fairly] easy walk of the Nose helps, I admit, though I'm not so well off as some [insert muttering about birders who have LOS to Lakes and Backwaters and have insane birds out the frickin' window...*]. Mutterling about my lack of mud aside, most of the Patch is private property and residential to boot, so quite hard to watch. But I keep at it. [[Definition of insanity definitely applies...]]


Anyway.


Getting back into getting out, while juggling This Time Of Year, has - you may be shocked to learn, given how this post has started - been a Patch-based affair.

I'd love to be able to segue into something wonderful, but it's been prettystandard fare. A few winter thrushes - mostly flying over - and a few [irritatingly bashful] scarcities, but not even a YBW to report. And I have been looking!

Not that what you're about to get is a dirge, there have been some nice counts, if nothing else, and a few birds reasonably up close and personal.

Hit it!

Winter Heliotrope

Out in numbers. Along with the usual 'what are they doing out in December?!?'s you get around here.
More mobile;

Verdamdt sqvirrelz...

Tessier in particular abounds with the things.. And unlike the birds, they usually feel like posing.

This chap landed next to me.

Ok, sometimes there's an exception, but I did have to shoot from the hip to get this.

Blackcap
Only posing warbler..

Chaffinch

Where's a Goshawk when you want one??


Away from everywhere else, the Nose has had the fun stuff which as I'm sure that sinking feeling is telling you, will be in the next post...


Sorry?


Coming up; Big Wet Things and lots of them.


[[Oh dear, more disappointed googlers....]]


Ahem.


Be Seeing You...







[[*Yes, I am aware I've seen three Ospreys from here. And had an eye-level Hobby flypast. But it's not the same as looking out onto the Exe or Axe estuaries, is it?]]

No comments:

Post a Comment