16 November, 2020

I Must Be Quackers

 
After Friday's fun and nonsense [which I will get to], Saturday was a bit of a washout in more than one sense, and I found myself on Sunday suffering a serious case of apathy. When your get-up-and-go has got up and gone, it can take the oddest thing to finally prod you into doing something, anything [other than a 'last in the technical' attempt at a sachertorte...].
 
 
So suddenly randomly in motion, I found myself racing the sunset to go see a duck on a duckpond.
 
Dear oh dear oh dear...
 
 
At least it was there [unlike my last twitch to the site....]
 
Scaup.
1cy male
 
Just starting to moult in the finely barred [that'll be 'vermiculated' in proper speak] light grey back that marks Scaup out so. 
 
 
Pied Wagtail

Great Northern Diver
[actually nowhere near Brixham Harbour, 
love that foreshortening]



Also to come, the weekend before, and that trip out I mentioned earlier.

Oh, can't hardly wait, can you?



I suppose I can show you one thing;

A slice

Yes, sachertorte is supposed to have more layers, but that would require the thing to rise a bit more... [Or at all]  Also supposed to be made with apricot jam leavened with brandy, but I used raspberry with gin and a splash of rum*. Sue me.

[Tastes ok, at least  :) ]


And on that note, I shall
 

Be Seeing You...

 

 

[[* I ran out of gin... Ahem.]]
[[[And it didn't have a soggy bottom, before you think of going there.]]]


No comments:

Post a Comment