07 November, 2020

Waxworks II: The Follow-up Visit


Last weekend, I was again at the Nose, seeing not much of a bird nature, but again finding waxcaps whilst bowed against howling wind and driving drizzle...


Things just keep happening, don't they? A slight attack of the side effects reinforced a 'stay on Patch' weekend, which was doubly frustrating considering what was coming [for the Historical Record, it's 'Lockdown 2: This time it's cold and wet and horrid'... Ahem]*

But I have more cute little plasticky funguses, photo'd whilst soggy, which is when they look their best imho, and this time I almost certainly won't stick surprise horrid gulls on the end. Honest.

You believe me, don't you?


Anyways, observe, regardez-vous!


Goblet Waxcap

Blackening Waxcap

Parrot Waxcap

Plastic? That one looked like it was made of glass...  :)

Snowy Waxcap

More of

Heath Waxcap

Hygrocybe reidii

H. persistens


Away from the Nose, I found something interesting and very Purdy;

Ooooh...

Metallic lilac!

But what is it?

A very good question. I'm not sure, is the answer! I think it's Lilac Bonnet, but it seems, well, a bit too lilac [yes, really]. Before anybody says "It's always the [Amethyst] Deceiver!", note the big umbo and un-Deceiverly stem. 

Gorgeous thing, whatever it is.



That's all, folks!


Be Seeing You...



[[*Turns out we would be allowed to go birding, if not tarting all over the country. But I didn't know that then.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment