03 November, 2020

Waxworks


Slightly-delayed follow-up to the last post. Possibly a little easier on the poor suffering eyes?


While at the Nose for certain activities of a seawatchy nature, I noticed that the council have been at it with the mowers again. The Blasted Heath is blasted anew, and while they still don't know how to take their cuttings away [They burn the big stuff, but leave the grass...] the freshly exposed surface does at least allow me to hunt for waxcaps. This I did and look what I found;

Blackening Waxcap
 
I do like waxcaps. They are lovely little [here, at least] fungi.
:)

Hygrocybe helobia

Butter Waxcap

Cedarwood Waxcap

Parrot Waxcap

Not just hygrocybes on display, and indeed much easier to see than tiny plastic 'shrooms were,

Fairy Inkcap
[or possibly C. silvaticus]

Glistening Inkcap


Ah, what a pleasant post. Pretty pictures, all close and in focus [for once] and not a distant grainy gull in sight.



[[Did someone say distant grainy gulls??]]

[[Uh oh]]


Gulls in the rain!

From a little earlier in the day than those lovely funguses up there. 
Heh heh heh...

[I'd apologise, but that would imply I was sorry. :) ]




Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment