25 January, 2021

This Weekend's News.

 
Due to Surprise Circumstances of an Eventful nature, my primary, secondary, and even tertiary plans for this weekend got kaiboshed. Stuff happens, as they sort of say.
 
As you may have guessed from the last post, I did get to the Nose on Friday afternoon and refound the Glonk, to my and everyone who's been [back] to see it's delight. :D


After said Events, I got back to the Nose mid Sunday morning, to find quite a few of the Usual Suspects about the place. They were all after not only Glonkus Spectacularus but also The Teacher's Blackstart, which had flounced around the South Side for him and his boys the day before. The former was better behaved than the latter, and in a white wings theme, the Med Gull I photo'd {down there} turned up and struck poses for Steph [go see her twitter for much better pictures than I can manage*].
 
 
I, you may be shocked to hear, didn't even touch my camera at either of them - or the LTD, who was still lurking out by the Lead Stone - so you will have to look down to old posts to see images of them. [Yes, it's definitely the same Glonk; same wing damage]

You won't be able to look anywhere at the Blackstart, as despite seven sets of eyes being deployed in the search, there was no sign; though with the howling frigid blast hitting the South Side, this wasn't much of a surprise.


Instead, here's a little bird behaviour for you and proof that my Patch does extend beyond the Nose. Behold;

Jay!

What's that Jay doing in that Ivy-clad tree?

"Ui Awwigh Egh Eh Urhh Earghh"


Or; 'Why put acorns in the ground where any Badger can find them, or Cat or Fox find me, eh?'

Very clever.



I will put up last Sunday's post soon. Honest.
[I mean, it's not like you're unused to my slightly esoteric attitude to time... :) ]


Be Seeing You...
 
 
 
 [[* @BirdygirlDevon   She has a very fancy camera and birds like her. ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment