22 October, 2021

Battered Into Submission. Pt.3, Usual Service Restored


Sunday...

I was later again to the Nose, due to apathy having a Night shift incoming. [I should stop going on  about that, shouldn't I?]

I had places to go and things to do, so I couldn't spend three hours messing about. However, I still covered the ground and while a White's would have eluded me with ease [Ok, A White's would need a military grade thermal imager, and then I'm still betting on the Thrush..!], I hope I didn't miss anything too obvious.

Slightly more Chiffs than the day before [6 over 4] [[Compare to 23+ on Friday, 17 in one group alone..]], and overhead passage ongoing though a little lighter. Four parties of albas and 3 of Mipits heard to pass in 90 minutes.
Of interest, not one lark [of any kind..] was heard, let alone seen. But a nice group of 11 Jackdaw, and 2 Song Thrush actually seen flying over at travelling altitude weren't so bad. 2 Swallow and more finches than the day before also of note.

Only 10 Oyks to be seen, but BHG numbers up again, with 51 counted passing in ten minutes.

The Eider was still lurking in the Ore Stone channel, but again the Blackstart eluded me [it had been seen the day before after we left!].

The resident Bullfinch family.

"Chissick!"

"Bloody grockles..."


I saved the Top Dell for last, and was rewarded with Firecrests again teasing me but not posing. Little wotsits.


Yup, much more like usual service.



Ah, is that rain...??



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment