13 September, 2022

Double Days' Dipping. Pt. 1, ...And A Tern Short


After vexing delays, I was finally in possession of transport [not mine, but hey] and I sped over to South Huish, in search of the incredibly showy Black Tern.
[I having singularly failed to get one seawatching, despite there being a few passing out there. Birds..]


I was first on site and found..

Well, a scattering of waders, a lot of water, a few hirundines, and oh yes;

Wheatear!

8 Barwits


A Whinchat, Curlew Sand, Com Sand, and 5 Yellow Wags were less helpful.
A Med Gull and 3 Little Egret were on the rocky foreshore with a few Oyks, and all three hirundines overhead, mostly Sand Martins. Also 4 Blackwit and 2 Dunlin; one on S Huish, one below South Milton Ley;

Looking worryingly unwell...

I gave the sea half an hour before my parking ran out [grr]

Arctic Skua  1
Balearic Shearwater  2
Gannet  39
LBB  3
BHG  16
Fulmar  1



As a visit, it wasn't bad - would have taken longer - but as a very fustrating dip....


Ahem.


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment