29 September, 2022

Patchy Posting


I have not been idle about my Patch...

Chiffchaffs and a few Blackcaps are moving, with the odd passage of hirundines [mostly Swallows] but never in any notable numbers.
Nothing like a nice Wryneck [visibly, anyway...]




Yes, yes, ok, the Hoopoe. The actual multi-day twitchable [sort of] Hoopoe bird what could be photo'd and everything. [Sometimes. Still a Hoopoe...]
 
 
But that's a very bit of a sore spot.


I will feel better about it later.


"Laaaaaa!!"

Nuthatch in my kitchen tree.
:D


A few Oyks at the Nose

Look away while you can;

The mandatory
great big 'orrible gull!

Much cuter;

Not quite a Greenish...

..though looking at that
supercilium, one might wonder.!

Two different birds, btw. [And I am being mischevious, before you start typing O:) ]
 

Action shot!

A passer-by,

ItsaBuzzard!

And looking at insects,

Clouded Yellow

Ivy Bee



I was less happy to encounter two chaps on electric motorbikes, who seemed to think that as 'they're electric' it was ok to be burning up the Nose on them?!? I was very polite and maybe hopefully they paid attention...??
[They came in a big black 4x4 with a covered trailer, and seemed more like spoilt rich kids than the balaclava-clad chavs I've almost been run down by met on the coast path riding those things in the past... 😕 ]


Let's have something cheerier to finish on?

Awwww.....
[let's pretend they're not
the Begbies of the bird world...]



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment