09 March, 2023

Patch Nonsense Post


Hitting the Patch when not doing anything else...

Still loving Crocii


Don't forget to look up now and again, though.

Might miss something like this;

Displaying Sprawk
[note fluffed-out undertail coverts]

'Somewhere in Patch'

[Ahem]

Also somewhere on Patch, it is, er, 'good'[??] to note that Peg food populations remain healthy [er, I think...]

Observe,

Calling them winged rats
is insulting to all rodents,
apparently...



Sightings of note also included a Collared Dove [still quite scarce about Patch], and a small grebe that looked very Slavonian.

Yes, really.

The grebe was off Withy Point on Friday; it looked very interesting and that was before it wingflapped and showed off white in the shoulder [thus not a BNG]. It was also very slippery and while I picked it up repeatedly with bins I just couldn't get my scope on it... [Poor, very poor] As there's a definite RNG in the area [DW is right over there ::points::], I can't be sure it wasn't that [unless someone had the RNG @ DW, all Friday PM?].
 
Bugger.
 
I had 2 GCGs and 2 RTDs from the Nose the next day, right after the Teacher had seen a grebe sp. that was very likely my Mystery Bird [in the same area, also very elusive]. I'd gone scurrying over - defying my head - on his news, hoping combining the powers of Big Scope and The Artefact ::Ominous Chanting:: would give us something definitive.... but no further sign of it.
 
Double bugger.


Anyways, let us put some more pretty things up, all about Patch in last week;

What??

Devon. Natch.

More like it

Ubiquitous

Spotted birdie

Didn't see that coming? The owl didn't see me, either. :)

Ahem.
[I hear Tawny Owls all the time - weather allowing - but actually seeing them is a little trickier*...]

Flowers?

The wallflower,
Ivy-leaved Toadflax


More like it.


Anyways, I shall, as per usual [at some point]



Be Seeing You...











[[* Location withheld due to Data Protection Legislation.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment