31 March, 2023

Signs Of Spring? Pt.2, Up There


I'm suffering a serious inability to get out of bed, which I blame entirely on the new pills.


That's my excuse for not being out at a decent hour on Sunday and so not doing a proper walk up on t'Moor.


[Yes, in that forecast, with those big showers muntering about.   What?]


I did get up there [I'd prepped rations. Had to get outside!] and settled for lunch and a good skywatch at Great Mis Tor.  
 
You know, this one;

The Great Mis Tor,
looking unaccustomarily cheery[!]


Golden Plover

Looking very summery, but flocks flying about like it's still winter..?


Another one.
Count the Goldies!


That was the largest single flock, but not the largest flock in the sky, which was a group of [presumably migrating] Skylark; 55 of them! Add to that the 18 singing birds I encountered [air was full of them, all the way up and around the Tor, wonderful, just wonderful! :D ] and you get a good total.
At least 12 Mipits were consigned to a distant third in the Most Numerous Species list [and you don't get that often, outside hard winter].


Let's have some scenery,

Looking SW

Middle & Great Staple Tors, Roos Tor, and behind Cox Tor, hide Pork Pie Hill [aka Barn Hill and various other names], home of the first and last car park on the Tavvy road and at that time the Teacher, who'd just Life'd a Little Bunting over the river, and then upped that with a flyover Red Kite [which I missed... :( ] not long before I took this.
[[Pesky Dark Power.....]]

Hit the zoom button, boy,

Mt. Edgcombe,
The Eddystone,
A weird ship with a tall thing!?!
[yes, that's part of the ship]

Judging by relative distances, a VERY tall thing indeed....


A bit less zoom;
Tamar and Tavy crossings



Though there were far too many mundanes up there [had they not seen the forecast?? The big black clouds??... Tut. Tut I tell you!] the Skylarks were lovely.



I will do some proper walking. I will.



And maybe see a few birds...??





Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment