24 April, 2024

Title Needed. Pt.1, Slim Pickings


Finally dragging myself to the Nose at a vaguely respectable hour, I found I had the place almost to myself. Bit of a cold wind didn't help, I suppose, but well.

Something like a small fall had happened [nice popup overnight cloud] and there were double figures of warblers!

Ok, all but one were Willow, Chiff, or Blackcap. And the one, a Sedge in chuntery subsong, was NOT showing. But you never know. Other things had been turning up and it has to be the Nose's turn eventually, right?


Here's a few seasonal sights for you;

Early Purple Orchid

Bluebells

Common Carder in Bugle

Guillemots!


After taking care of some business, I took a wander about Exminster in vain hope of a wader yeartick [a Whimbrel would have done...], though Reed Warbler was new and the Cetti's were their usual humourous selves... ;)
I then had a look off Cockwood, where I finally found said Whimbrel and the odd other thing, too;

Not making a bum joke.

Mini Gannet!


Twenty others in view, but no other tern species, alas.



You keeps at it.



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment